Alice in wonderland costume making tips: If you’re looking for an Alice in Wonderland costume this Halloween, look no further!
We’ve put together a list of the best Alice in Wonderland costumes for women, men, and children. From simple dresses to more elaborate costumes, there’s something for everyone on this list.
And if you’re feeling creative, we’ve included a few DIY costume ideas as well.
So whether you’re looking for a last-minute costume or you want to start planning ahead, check out our list of the best Alice in Wonderland costumes!
Alice in Wonderland is a much-loved story, and its costumes are just as iconic.
The original Alice in Wonderland costume was designed by Sir John Tenniel and first appeared in the 1865 edition of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. It has since been adapted for stage and screen many times.
Recommended – Alice in wonderland: Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum twins
The most famous Alice in Wonderland costume is the blue dress with white pinafore that Alice wears in the Disney animated film. This look was inspired by Tenniel’s original illustrations, but it also took cues from Victorian fashion of the time.
The dress is simple and youthful, with a high collar and puffed sleeves. The white pinafore adds a touch of innocence and purity, which is befitting of Alice’s character.
Other popular Alice in Wonderland costumes include the Mad Hatter’s outrageous hat and coat combo, the Cheshire Cat’s striped fur, and the Queen of Hearts’ red and black ensemble.
These costumes are all brightly coloured and eye-catching, making them perfect for fancy dress parties or Halloween.
Recommended – Among us costumes: How to make it at home?
Whether you want to dress up as Alice herself or one of her eccentric companions, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to Alice in Wonderland costumes.
How to make your own Alice in Wonderland costume
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to make an Alice in Wonderland costume:
What You’ll Need:
- A white collared shirt
- A black or blue skirt that reaches at least to your knees
- White knee socks or tights
- Black flats
- A blonde wig (optional)
- Headband with a bow (optional)
Recommended – Top 5 Things You’ll Love About Alice in Wonderland
- Start with a white collared shirt. If you don’t have one, you can usually find them very cheaply at thrift stores. Once you have your shirt, cut off the sleeves so they are above the elbow. Next, take the bottom of the shirt and cut it into a V shape. This will be the front of your dress.
- Now pair your shirt with a black or blue skirt. The skirt should reach at least to your knees, but if you want it to be more accurate to the movie, make it about mid-calf length. If you don’t have a skirt that’s the right color, look for one at a thrift store or borrow one from a friend.
- To complete the look of your dress, add some white knee socks or tights and black flats. You could also wear Mary Janes if you prefer.
- For an extra touch, add a blonde wig and headband with a bow. If you can’t find.
Top 5 Alice in Wonderland costumes for adults
If you’re looking for an Alice in Wonderland costume that’s a little more grown-up, check out our top 5 picks!
From classic looks to sexy takes on the iconic character, there’s sure to be an option that’s perfect for your Halloween party or another costumed event.
1. Classic Alice
This costume is perfect for those who want to stay true to the original storybook character. A pretty blue dress and white apron are all you need to create this timeless look.
Don’t forget to add some blonde curls or a wig if you don’t naturally have them!
2. Sexy Alice
For a more modern take on Alice, try a sexy version of the costume. A fitted black or blue dress with cutouts or lace details will do the trick.
Add some fishnet tights and heels for an extra sultry touch.
3. Mad Hatter
One of the most popular characters from Alice in Wonderland is Mad Hatter.
If you want to dress up as this quirky character, look for a colorful hat and jacket combo. Mix and match patterned fabrics to create an eye-catching effect.
4. Red Queen
Another great option if you’re looking for something unique is to dress as the Red Queen.
You’ll need a red dress and cape, as well as a crown or tiara to complete the look. Be sure to practice your regal wave before heading out in costume!
5. Leg Avenue
The leg avenue costume is also the best option for adults looking for the Alice in wonderland costumes.
It has a checkered border at an asymmetrical hemline w/ long tails in the back which looks most attractive when born by women.
Top 5 Alice in Wonderland costumes for kids
1. The White Rabbit: Have a child who loves animals? They’ll adore dressing up as the White Rabbit!
All you need is a white jumpsuit and some bunny ears.
2. The Mad Hatter: A Mad Hatter costume is perfect for any playful kid. It’s also a great opportunity to let them wear their craziest hat!
3. Alice: Of course, no Alice in Wonderland costume guide would be complete without including Alice herself!
A blue or white dress with a pinafore is all you need to recreate this timeless look.
4. The Cheshire Cat: For a truly unique take on the Cheshire Cat, try making your own pink and red striped shirt! Otherwise, any black and white outfit will do.
Just don’t forget the feline accessories – some whiskers and a tail are essential.
5. The Queen of Hearts: If you have a little girl who loves to dress up, she’ll adore this regal Queen of Hearts costume.
A red dress and crown are all you need to create this iconic look.
Alice in Wonderland is a timeless story that has inspired many Halloween costumes over the years.
If you’re looking for something unique and stylish, consider an Alice in Wonderland costume this year. With a little creativity, you can create a look that is both spooky and chic.
Check out our selection of Alice in Wonderland costumes and find the perfect one for you.
Recommended for you –