If you are reading this post that means you seek solid information about ANM like – Form of ANM, Meaning of ANM, the full name of ANM, who does ANM – Which post can I get etc.
Let us give you all types of general information about ANM in simple language with the help of this article.
What is ANM
Auxiliary nurse midwife or Auxiliary nurse hybrids basically known as ANM is associated with the primary health care sector of India. It can be defined in the ways as the following –
- ANM is a 2 year diploma course in which elementary health training is given to the students like – setting up of operation theatre, taking care of various equipment, maintaining records, and also administering timely medication to patients etc.
- It is a Government Post in India, in which village-level female health workers discharge their duties and provide the elementary health care services to citizens. It is also known as the first contact person between the community and the health services.
ANM Full Form
ANM stands for – Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery.
Another full form – It is also known as Auxiliary nurse hybrids (ANH).
ANM Course eligibility criteria
- Only girls and women can do this course.
- Minimum Age Limit – 17 years
- Maximum Age Limit – 35 years
- It is mandatory to pass 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Medical fitness is necessary.
- This course is of 2 years duration.
More about ANM full form and ANM Course
The full form of ANM is “Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery”. ANM is a diploma course, which is only for women. In this course, medical information is given at the time of training.
In the ANM course, candidates are told about how to take care of patients, and how to help them while seeing the patient by the doctor, all these are taught in this course.
To do an ANM course, you should know in detail about what qualification you should have, the student willing to take admission in ANM course should have passed the class 10th (Science stream) with minimum 45% marks.
- The age limit has been fixed from 17 to 35 years for doing ANM Nursing course.
- Relaxation will be provided for reserved category as per rules.
The duration of the ANM course is two years. In other words, this course is completed in two years, and the exam of ANM is salina.
Admission Process for ANM Course
For ANM course, the student has to give a special examination and in this examination, some prescribed marks are cut off, the student who achieves that cut-off is given admission. Generally, entrance exams in colleges are conducted according to different rules.
ANM Syllabus 1st Year Syllabus
- Health Promotion
- Community Health Nursing
- Primary Health Care Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
2nd Year Syllabus
- Health Center Management
The fees for ANM courses differ in government and private colleges. The fees for ANM course ranges from about ten thousand to five lakhs.
Job opportunities after doing ANM
After doing ANM course, the names of the institutes for application are as given below.
- Private hospital
- Government hospital
- Community health center
- Rural health center
- Medical lab
- Nursing home
- Home nurse
- Self clinic
- Medical college
- Rural healthy workers
What is the salary of ANM
After doing the ANM course, you can work in any hospital, clinic or nursing home, and the salary varies according to different hospitals.
In the initial phase, the salary is about 10000 to 15000 rupees, depending on your work, and on doing a government job, the salary can be around 25000 to 30000.
Confusion about ANM full form and GNM full form
Many people often get confused about ANM full form and GNM full form, here the ANM stands for – Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery and GNM stands for – Auxiliary nurse hybrids (ANH).
After ANM full form lets understand these also
- The duration of ANM course is of two years. The duration of GNM course is of three years.
- Only girls can do ANM course, while boys and girls both can do GNM course.
- For ANM you need to pass 10th Science stream and for GNM you need to pass 12th Science stream.
In this article, we have given you information about ANM. Now you can also purchase an e-book on our portal under the shop page.
If you need information about any exam or need any kind of help then also you can ask it. If you find above information helpful please share it with your family and friends.