Ejaculation spray is a kind of sexual wellness product that is used to prevent premature ejaculation during intercourse. Premature ejaculation refers to a sexual disorder in which a man ejaculates sooner before his partner during any stage of sexual activity. It is also known as “Rapid ejaculation“.
Warning! This content is solely intended to serve educational purposes only. We don’t endorse or promote any product through this article. Content is designed for 18+ only. We protect the community.
Rapid or premature ejaculation is a very common sexual dysfunction as 1 out of 3 men experiences this problem at some time. It can be caused by any physical or psychological problem that prevents you or your partner from getting a sufficient amount of pleasure or satisfaction from sexual activities.
In this article, we will discuss ejaculation spray, its usage, risks and benefits but before that, you should be aware of the term “sexual dysfunction” used for different individuals (male and female).
Male Sexual dysfunction
Sexual dysfunction can affect men of all age groups but people of old ages are more venerable to this problem. This problem is common and closely associated with ejaculation disorders, erectile dysfunction and inhibited sexual desire.
Most of the time, sexual dysfunction is caused by stress and goes away after some time however, if it remains for a longer time then it should be a matter of concern and may need additional care and attention. These issues may often be remediated by removing the underlying factors responsible for causing the problem.
Types of sexual dysfunction in males –
- Erectile dysfunction (difficulty getting/maintaining an erection)
- Premature ejaculation (ejaculating too quickly)
- Delayed or inhibited ejaculation (too slowly or no orgasm at all)
- Low libido (reduced interest in sex)
Causes of sexual dysfunction in male
The causes of sexual dysfunction may be mainly categorized into two parts –
- Physical causes
- Psychological causes
Physical causes: These may include –
- Low testosterone levels
- Using antidepressants or high blood pressure medicine
- Blood vessel disorders
- Stroke or nerve damage due to diabites or surgery
- Smoking or drug abuse
Psychological causes: These may include
- Performance related concern
- Relationship problems
- Depression, feelings of guilt
- Effects of past sexual trauma
- Stress and anxiety
Sexual dysfunction in women
Sexual dysfunction in women is more complex than sexual dysfunction in men. It affects women in different ways. Where men face the problem of reaching quick orgasm in sexual dysfunction however women feel low sexual desire, delayed or no orgasm at all.
Sexual dysfunction in women is identical and shows the below symptoms –
- Low Sexual desire: Lack of sexual interest and willingness to be sexual.
- Sexual arousal disorder: Difficulty with arousal or inability to maintain arousal during sexual activity.
- Orgasmic disorder: Difficulty in achieving orgasm or getting satisfaction.
- Sexual pain disorder: Having pain during sexual stimulation or intercourse.
Causes of sexual dysfunction in women
Sexual dysfunction in women may develop due to hormonal disbalance during pregnancy or after menopause. Apart from that, some major illnesses like – cancer, high blood pressure, kidney failure, diabetes or cardiovascular disease can also cause sexual dysfunction.
Below are the factors that might contribute to sexual dysfunction in women –
- Hormonal: Lower estrogen levels due to any reason including post-menopause may lead to changes in your genital tissues and sexual responsiveness.
- Physical: Any medical conditions, including cancer, kidney failure, multiple sclerosis, heart disease and bladder problems or use of certain medications, like – some antidepressants, blood pressure medications, antihistamines and chemotherapy drugs.
- Irregular intercourse: having irregular sexual activities or being sexually inactive for long time may also cause sexual dissatisfaction as vaginal lining may become thinner and less elastic. This may also lead to vaginal dryness or painful intercourse (dyspareunia) decreasing the sexual desires in women.
- Psychological and social: anxiety or depression may severely contribute to sexual dysfunction. Stress and any kind of past sexual abuse can also lead o sexual dysfunction. Developing countries – like India and Pakistan have more social norms and stigma of having physical. Excess concern about these social norms can also decrease the sexual pleasures during the intercourse.
- Relationship issues: conflict with your partner or any kind of relationship issues can diminish your sexual responsiveness as well.
Now you have sufficiently learned about sexual dysfunction in both men and women, returning to our topic let’s discuss “ejaculation spray” again –
About ejaculation spray
These sprays are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in very limited scope. They are only allowed to be used on the penis if they meet certain criteria.
For instance, the spray must contain an approved, specified amount of one of two local anesthetics – lidocaine and benzocaine as the key ingredient.
These sprays may provide short-term relief for people experiencing premature ejaculation. These sprays are popular in different-different names like – Ejaculation spray, Ejaculation boost spray, Long-lasting spray, Delay spray, Desensitizing sprays, Lidocaine spray and so on.
Types of ejaculation spray
Ejaculation sprays can be categorized into two ways, basically, depending on the use by a man or woman.
Penis Spray: This is the spray used by the male partner. These sprays work by reducing the sensitivity of the skin tissue of male genetic parts and increasing the time of ejaculation.
Vaginal Spray: These are basically lubricants that remove the dryness of the vagina and make vaginal discharge artificially. Vaginal sprays are used by women facing reduced desire or low sex drive-related issues.
How ejaculation Spray works
Most ejacuation sprays contain lidocaine and benzocaine as the key ingredient. Some others may contain another topical anesthetic.
These ingredients are just like local anesthetic drugs that work by reducing the sensitivity of the skin tissues found in your penis.
How to use penis spray
There are various ejaculation sprays available in the market. Each spray is likely to have its own unique instructions and dosage recommendations.
The instructions and dosage recommendations of the same are available on the spray box. However, most sprays are commonly used in this way –
- Wash your penis gently with water and soap
- Use a soft towel to dry your penis
- Get ready to spray 5–15 minutes before engaging in sexual activity.
- Apply 2-4 spray on the penis
- Make sure that you have applied it to the head and shaft of the penis properly to increase product effectiveness
When to apply ejaculation sprey
Different ejaculation sprays have different instructions for their use. It has scaled up that most of the premature ejaculation spray works well if they are applied 5 – 15 minutes before engaging in sexual activities.
For more details, you are advised to read carefully the manufacturer’s instructions available with the spray you are going to use.
How long does delay spray last?
These only provide temporary solutions to the men facing premature ejaculation.
Studies show that ejaculation sprays can delay ejaculation time in men by 3 to 4 minutes however, their desensitizing effects typically last for 1-2 hours after applying it to the penis.
Ejaculation spray can be beneficial for persons who face low sex drive due to temporary stress or relationship problems. Using ejaculation spray may improve your performance on the bed.
- It helps to delay the premature ejaculation
- Can help to ensure overall enhanced satisfaction for both the partners
- It keeps the penis active and erected for a longer time during sexual activities
- It can improve your experience and confidence
Side effects and disadvantages
A study that appears in a February issue of the ‘urology journal BJU International’ suggests that the ejaculation spray can have a few side effects –
- It can cause skin irritation or mild burning sensation during intercourse
- It could cause numbness of the penis
- In some rare cases it can cause erectile dysfunction.
- It can cause other potential allergic reactions.
Along with the above side-effects, one of the major disadvantages of ejaculation sprays is that they do not work well for every person as promised by the companies.
Due to their reducing sensation effects, they can decrease your enjoyable experience during intercourse.
These sprays can not provide a permanent solution for premature ejaculation.
Precautions while using ejaculation Spray
Precautionary measures are always better than any remedial measures. So it is always good to be precautious about anything. You should ensure that you take these precautions before, after and during the use of ejaculation spray.
- Before using the spray read all instructions carefully available on its cartoon box.
- Wash your hands after applying delay spray so it doesn’t spread during foreplay.
- After intercourse or sexual activity, wash the product off.
- Don’t use if your partner is pregnant as it may cause allergies to mother or baby.
- Don’t spray too much to increase your sex drive drastically.
- Depending on the product, use of condoms is recommended.
- Polycythemia Vera Treatment, Symptoms, and diagnosis
- Lung Cancer Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- Food Poisoning: Causes, symptoms and prevention
- Fever: Types, symptoms, causes and prevention
- Infection: Types, Symptoms, causes and prevention