Physical education is the education under which the physical fitness of the student is given priority equivalent to his academic performance. The aim of this is to improve the motor skills, knowledge and conduct of the students for physical activities and keep them physically active and healthy.
This does not mean that it downgrades the importance of the academic curriculum of the students instead it aims to encourage the physical activity of a student simultaneously.
Under this education, students collect information about the needs of the body and various arts to stay healthy.
Incorporating co-curricular activities in school is a part of physical education. With the help of which efforts are made to keep the students active and healthy.
This topic is important for various examinations, Like – KVS, NVS, UTET, CTET and other exams related to SSC. So let’s know what is physical education? Its meaning, definition, importance, aims, and objectives.
What is Physical Education
Physical education means providing education related to the body. This education is generally imparted through exercise, yoga, cleanliness, gymnastics, co-curricular activities etc.
The purpose of providing physical education is not only to keep the students physically healthy but also to make them mentally fit for any challenge.
Because it works to bring changes not only in the body but also in the mind and behavior of the students. It works to balance the mental activities of the students. That is why it has been given an important place under child psychology.
In other words, Physical education is the means of education that affects the students in all forms of mental, social, intellectual, economic and also develops the muscles of the students.
It develops the personality of students in a systematic manner and plays an important role in mental and intellectual maturity.
The inclusion of physical education in the field of education is a revolutionary change. It also plays an important role in building the character and personality of the students.
With its development, students learn to live in groups and donate their labor in social work.
Definition of Physical Education
According to Delbert Eufer – “Physical education is the collective effect of those experiences which a person acquires through physical activities.”
According to J.F. Williams – “Physical education is the physical activities which are selected in terms of their effect”.
According to Rosaland – “Physical education is the sum total of the changes that take place in a particular person due to the inner experiences of the individual.
According to J.B. Nesh – “It is that part of the whole field of education which is concerned with the macro-muscular processes and their related responses.”
According to Herbert Spencer – “Full expression requires physical, moral and mental actions.”
Aims and objectives
- The main objective of this education is to make all round development of the students. Its main goal is to develop the mental and intellectual development of the students.
- It is a means to prepare the students as a supporting element of society by which he can adjust with the society in future.
- Through this education, the art and quality of being healthy are explained to the students, because a healthy mind is formed in a healthy body.
- This education develops the emotional development of the students. It serves to bring control in their emotional aspects.
- This education is provided to develop the muscles of the students. With the help of which he remains active continuously.
Need and Importance
Through physical education, students learn to use their time wisely. It also works to enhance their character and personality.
- It develops the skills inherent in them and works to bring them proficiency. It solves all the problems related to the body. It is the art of emotionally balancing students.
- Through this education discipline and moral values are developed in the students. It is vital for providing mental and intellectual efficiency to the students.
Physical education leads the individual and students towards the direction of development.
It is education that plays an important role in the all-round development of the individual. It keeps the students active and fit.
Request to Readers: If you find this information helpful, please share it with your family and friends. If you have any suggestions or feedback kindly let us know in the comment section below.