The “Resident Evil” movie franchise is based on the popular video game series of the same name created by Capcom. Please note that my information might not be up-to-date beyond that point.
|Directors||Paul w.s. Anderson, Alexander Witt, Russell Mulcahy|
|Production||Capcom, Constantin Film, Screen Gems, etc|
|Characters||Alice, Albert Wesker, Jill Valentine, Leon S. Kennedy, and more|
The main character of the movie series is Alice, portrayed by Milla Jovovich. Various other characters from the game series make appearances as well.
Movie Series and Storyline
- “Resident Evil” (2002): The first movie introduces Alice, who wakes up in a mansion with no memory of who she is. She becomes involved in a conspiracy involving the Umbrella Corporation and a deadly virus that turns people into zombies.
- “Resident Evil: Apocalypse” (2004): The sequel follows Alice as she navigates a zombie-infested Raccoon City. The T-virus has spread, and she joins a group of survivors trying to escape the city before it is nuked by Umbrella Corporation.
- “Resident Evil: Extinction” (2007): This installment takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where the T-virus has decimated much of humanity. Alice searches for survivors and battles new mutations created by the virus.
- “Resident Evil: Afterlife” (2010): Alice continues her fight against Umbrella Corporation and the virus. She encounters a group of survivors and leads them to a safe haven, only to face new challenges.
- “Resident Evil: Retribution” (2012): Alice wakes up in an Umbrella Corporation facility and must navigate through simulations of various locations to rescue survivors and take down the corporation.
- “Resident Evil: The Final Chapter” (2016): This movie serves as a conclusion to Alice’s story. She returns to Raccoon City to confront Umbrella Corporation and put an end to the T-virus outbreak.
Sequels and Reboots
The original “Resident Evil” film series concluded with “The Final Chapter,” but in recent years, there have been talks of reboots and new adaptations. The most notable development is the “Resident Evil” film reboot series, which aims to be more faithful to the video games:
- The “Resident Evil” reboot movie series is set to include a new cast and storyline that is more closely aligned with the game series’ horror elements and character designs. It is expected to be a new interpretation of the “Resident Evil” universe.
Recommended for you: