Fmovies: Movies and television shows have been made about everything imaginable. There are so many films based on books, songs, or other films that it’s almost a sub-genre in itself.
Additionally, there are so many TV shows and films inspired by true events that whole channels are devoted to the type of content.
In fact, there’s a whole channel devoted to films from the 1980s with the name. Here we will tell you some best movies available on Fmovies so that you never miss content that you should really consume.
Movies Based on Video Games
It’s hard to get a movie based on a video game made, with most studios and producers finding them either too expensive or too difficult to market to a broader audience.
But the ones that do make it to the big screen tend to be spectacular, and often surpass the quality of the source material.
The first major blockbuster movie based on a video game was “Super Mario Bros.”, which hit theaters in 1993. While the film itself wasn’t received well, the movie has become a cult classic.
- The “Wing Commander” video game series was adapted into a film in 1999 and starred Freddie Prinze, Jr. as the hero in space.
- “Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within” was the first major motion capture film based on a video game and featured the voices of Alec Baldwin and Steve Buscemi. Despite the lofty production values, however, the film was a critical and financial flop.
- “Tomb Raider” was a successful adaptation of the popular video game series, with Angelina Jolie playing the title character.
- One of the most recent and successful adaptations of a video game was “Assassin’s Creed,” which was released in 2016.
Read this also – Soap2day – Get 4K Movie experience
The film was a critical and commercial success and was praised for its inventive visual effects and stunt work.
Movies Based on TV Shows | Fmovies
Many films have been based on TV series, and vice versa, with varying degrees of success. While some films have been able to recreate the magic of their antecedent, others have fallen way short of what made the TV shows so successful.
- “Straw Dogs” is based on the British TV series “The Siege of the Pines,” but the 1971 film was so much more graphic and disturbing than the original.
- “The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad” films were based on the TV series “Police Squad,” and were so successful that they spawned two sequels.
- “The Princess Bride” is based on a book of the same name, but there are notable differences between the two.
- “The Brady Bunch Movie” was based on one of the most popular TV series of all time, but didn’t resonate with audiences quite the same way.
- “Mallrats,” the 1995 film written by and starring Kevin Smith, was based on a comic book series. While the film was a commercial failure, it was well received by critics, and the director’s cut is considered a cult classic.
Movies Based on Books | Fmovies
There have been some truly great films based on books, such as –
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” (1962)
- “The Godfather” (1972)
- “The Silence of the Lambs” (1991)
- “Little Women” (1994)
- “Fight Club” (1999)
- “The Hours” (2002)
- “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008)
- “The Hunger Games” (2012), and
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2” (2011)
One of the best-known films based on a book is “The Great Gatsby,” released in 2013. The film was critically acclaimed, and Baz Luhrmann’s lavish treatment of the novel was well received.
Read this also – Ibomma Telugu Movies 2022: Download and Stream online free
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2” was based on the final novel in a popular children’s series. It received eight Academy Award nominations and won three.
- “The Godfather” was one of the best-known films based on a book. Francis Ford Coppola’s film is considered one of the greatest films of all time and received 10 Academy Awards.
- “The Silence of the Lambs” was based on the Thomas Harris novel of the same name and won five Academy Awards. The film inspired a sequel, but the novel was better received.
- “Little Women” was based on a classic novel of the same name, but there are notable differences between the two.
- “Fight Club” was based on the 1996 novel of the same name, written by Chuck Palahniuk. Though the film was a financial success, it was criticized for its excessive violence and social commentary.
- “The Hours” was based on the book of the same name, written by Michael Cunningham. The film was critically acclaimed and won numerous awards.
- “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” was based on a short story of the same name written by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- It won two Academy Awards and was nominated for six others.
- “The Hunger Games” was based on a dystopian novel series of the same name. It won four Academy Awards and was nominated for four others.
Short Films Made for YouTube
There have been plenty of movies made for YouTube and other internet video platforms, with varying degrees of success –
- “Sorry, Wrong Note” is a highly-entertaining short film written and directed by actor/comedian Kevin Parry. The short is a parody of the film “Whiplash,” and has been viewed more than 34 million times since it was uploaded to YouTube.
- “Hotel Transylvania” is a 3D animated short film made for the internet and the “YouTube Generation.” It was created by Genndy Tartakovsky, the same man who brought the world “Samurai Jack.” It’s one of the highest-grossing short films of all time.
- “The Most Expensive Sandwich in the World” is a short documentary about an attempt to make the most expensive sandwich ever. It features an interview with chef and restaurateur Alain Blum, and was produced by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
Documentaries You May Have Missed | Fmovies
While documentaries have been made about almost everything and are a great way to learn, they don’t always get the publicity they deserve. Here are five documentaries you may have missed –
- “Granito: How to Nail a Dictator” is a documentary about how a group of journalists broke the story of the crimes of the former Guatemalan dictator, Efraín Ríos Montt. The documentary features first-hand accounts of the atrocities committed during the Guatemalan Civil War, and was nominated for an Academy Award.
- “The Fear of 13” is a documentary about the life and death sentence of an imprisoned death row inmate named David Henry. The documentary features an interview with the inmate, who is scheduled to be executed, and was produced by David Simon, the creator of “The Wire.”
- “The Hunting Ground” is a documentary about se*****ual assault on college campuses and the ways in which the schools attempt to sweep it under the rug. It won several awards and was highlighted by President Barack Obama during a speech at the White House.
Read this also – New Solarmovie – Explore contents without registration
- “How to Be a Human Being” is a documentary about the unique challenges of being human, and what it means to be alive. It was written and directed by filmmaker and comedian Rob Delaney, who has more than 1.3 million followers on Twitter.
- “The act of killing” is a documentary about the individuals who participated in the Indonesian Genocide of 1965. It was written and directed by Joshua Oppenheimer and released in the year of 2012.
Final Words: Find The Good Stuff
As you can see, there are plenty of great movies and TV shows based on original ideas or inspired by real events. Most of these TV Shows are Movies available on Fmovies. If the Fmovies website is legal and available in your country, you can watch all these shows and shorts on it.
Please note, that this content is solely for informational purposes only. It is the responsibility of the users to check the laws of their countries before accessing any site like – Fmovies to ensure that they are in compliance with the regulations.
Read this also –