GoGuardian is a filtering software that is used in schools to block inappropriate content and keep students safe online.
It is a very controversial topic because some people think that it is an invasion of privacy.
In the previous post, I explained the Top 11 features of GoGuardian’s new web filtering service On this page, I will be discussing how to use the software.
What is the GoGuardian?
It is a software program that helps parents keep track of their children’s online activity.
It allows parents to see what websites their children are visiting, what they are searching for online, and who they are talking to.
|Founders||Advait Shinde, R. Todd Mackey, Aza Steel|
|Headquarters||2030 E Maple Ave, El Segundo, CA, U.S.|
|Purpose||To help students learn safely, stay focused, and get engaged|
The software also provides parents with tools to help them set limits on their children’s internet use and to block certain websites.
How to log in and use the GoGuardian app?
If you have already downloaded the app on your phone, here are the steps to logging in and using the app:
- Open the app and enter your email address and password.
- If you have multiple accounts, select the one you want to use.
- You will be taken to the main screen of the app which has four tabs – Home, Explore, Profile, and More.
- The Home tab shows you the most recent activity in your account including new comments, likes, and messages.
- The Explore tab lets you browse through different categories of content such as Trending, Popular, Following, and Bookmarked.
- The Profile tab allows you to view your profile information and stats as well as edit your account settings.
- The More tab gives you access to additional features such as creating a new post or search for a specific topic.
What are the benefits of using the GoGuardian app?
There are numerous benefits of using the GoGuardian app. Perhaps most importantly, it allows parents and guardians to have a direct line of communication with their child’s school.
In the event of an emergency, this can be invaluable. The app also provides peace of mind for parents, knowing that they can check in on their child’s whereabouts and activities during the school day.
Another great benefit of the app is that it provides parents with access to their child’s academic progress. Parents can see how their child is doing in class and track their progress over time. This information can be used to help support and guide your child’s academic journey.
Additionally, the app is a great tool for staying up-to-date on school events and happenings. Parents can easily view upcoming events, such as field trips or school concerts, and RSVP or sign up for volunteer opportunities. This helps ensure that you never miss an important date or event!
How to get started with the app (Parents)?
Assuming you have already downloaded the GoGuardian app on your device, here are the steps to get started:
- Open the app and sign in with your email address and password.
- Tap on the “Settings” tab in the bottom navigation bar.
- In the “Account” section, tap on the “Add Device” button.
- Select your child’s device from the list of available devices and tap on the “Add” button next to it.
- Once you have added your child’s device, go back to the “Settings” tab and select the “Filters” option.
- Choose which content categories you want to block on your child’s device and tap on the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen.
Overall, GoGuardian is an amazing program that can really help students in the classroom.
It allows teachers to see what websites students are visiting, and also provides a way for them to block certain websites if necessary.
Additionally, it gives parents peace of mind knowing that their child is only accessing appropriate content during school hours. We highly recommend giving Go-Guardian a try in your classroom!
This software allows schools to monitor and filter student internet usage. Below are some FAQs –
Q.1 How does it work?
Ans: It works by monitoring students’ internet activity and blocking certain websites and content that may be inappropriate or harmful.
It can also send alerts to parents or guardians if it detects any suspicious activity.
Q.2 Is it effective at preventing cyberbullying?
Ans: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as each school’s situation is unique.
However, Go Guardian can help schools to take proactive steps to prevent cyberbullying by monitoring students’ internet activity and providing tools to help identify potential bullying behavior.
Q.3 Can it be used to monitor student email and social media accounts?
Ans: Yes, it can be used to monitor student email and social media accounts. This can help schools to identify potential cyberbullying or other inappropriate behavior.
Q.4 How to bypass GoGuardian?
If you are trying to bypass it, in order to access blocked websites or content, there are a few ways you can try.
- One way is to use a VPN (a virtual private network)
- Another way to bypass it, is to use a proxy server.
- Finally, you can try using a web-based Tor.
Q.6 How to get rid of it on a school Chromebook?
If you’re using a school Chromebook and want to get rid of the software’s restrictions, there are a few steps you can take.
First, try opening the Go Guardian extension and disabling it from there. If that doesn’t work, you can try uninstalling the extension from your Chromebook. To do this, go to Settings > Extensions and click “Remove” next to the GoGuardian extension.
Finally, if neither of those methods work, you can contact your school’s IT department and ask them to remove Go Guardian from your Chromebook.
Q.7 How to disable it?
For this, you will need to login to your account. Once you are logged in, you will see a list of all the devices that are being monitored by GoGuardian.
Select the device on which you want o disable it. Then, click on the “Settings” icon for that device. This will bring up the device’s settings page.
On the device’s settings page, scroll down. Here, you will see an option to “Disable GoGuardian.” Check this box and then click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
That’s it! You have now successfully disabled it on the selected device.