Do you hear about Google My Business App? With this powerful tool, you can manage your online presence with ease.
By verifying and editing business information, you can help customers find your business and tell them your story. It’s conveniently available as an app on both iOS and Android devices.
You can also use the app to post updates and messages, get insights on how customers found you, create ads, and connect with new ones.
What is the Google My Business App?
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps.
It is an official app by Google that was first released in June 2014 and named Google My Business App (GMB). In November 2021 Google has renamed it as Google Business Profile (GBP).
|Name||Google My Business App (GMB)|
|Other Name||Google Business Profile (GBP)[Renamed in November 2021]|
|Status||Transitioned[Google Maps & Search from July 2022]|
At the end of this article, you will also be able to decide whether you still want this app and its alternative or whether Google has suggested something different for you.
How to Download the Google My Business App
In July 2022 Google announced that the app is transitioning from the Google My Business app to Google Maps & Search.
That means the Google My Business app is officially closed by Google and thereafter the app is not available on the Play Store or App Store for downloads.
However, there are some websites that still offer the APK, on this page you can find the download link of the APK and some alternatives that are still available officially.
Google recommended apps
After July 2022, “Google My Business App” users can use the Google Maps mobile app and Google Search to keep their Business profiles up-to-date and reach their customers where they are.
These are new google recommended tools that allow you to continue accessing your Business Profile data.
If you have an Android device, follow these steps to download Google Maps mobile app and Google Search:
- open the Google Play Store
- in the search bar, type “Google Maps Mobile App” or “Google Search“
- once the app appears, click “Install”
- wait for the app to finish downloading, then click “Open”
If you have an iPhone, follow these steps:
- open the App Store
- in the search bar, type “Google Maps Mobile App” or “Google Search App“
- once the app appears, click “Get”
- wait for the app to finish downloading, then click “Open”
Manage a Business profile on the Google Maps mobile app
Follow the below steps to Manage a Business profile on the Google Maps mobile app:
- Open Google Maps on your device
- From Left top corner choose your google account linked with your Business Profile that you want to manage (Follow, this step if you have signed in with multiple google accounts on your device)
- Again, from the left top corner, click on your photo/avatar and select the “Your Bussiness Profile” option from the menu
- Click on the listing/business profile you want to manage. If you don’t have any, here you can also ‘Add a new Business Profile.
- Now, you can edit, update, and promote your business profile, can read customer reviews, and respond to them directly.
Pros and Cons
There are both pros and cons to using the app. On the plus side:
- The app makes it easy to manage your business information and keep it up-to-date.
- You can also quickly respond to customer reviews, which can help build trust and credibility with potential customers.
- Additionally, the app provides valuable insights into how your business is performing on Google.
On the downside:
- Some users have reported that the app is difficult to navigate and that it doesn’t always provide accurate information.
Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for most users, but it’s important to weigh your options before deciding whether or not to use the app to manage your Google Business Profile.
If you have decided not to use Google Maps mobile app and Google Search app and looking for an alternative to Google My Business, here are a few options to consider:
- Yelp: One of the most popular review sites, Yelp also offers businesses a free listing. While you can’t directly manage your Yelp listing from your phone, you can respond to reviews and messages from the Yelp app.
- Facebook: Many businesses already have a Facebook page, and if you don’t, it’s easy to set one up. While Facebook doesn’t offer the same level of features as Google My Business, it’s still a powerful platform for managing your online presence.
- Foursquare: Another popular review site, Foursquare also offers businesses a free listing. Like Yelp, you can’t directly manage your Foursquare listing from your phone, but you can respond to reviews and messages.
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite is a social media management platform that allows businesses to manage multiple social media accounts in one place. While it doesn’t offer listings on specific platforms like Google My Business or Yelp, it’s a valuable tool for managing your overall online presence.
Google My Business APK Download
Since the app is officially removed by Google from the play store and app store, there is still its desktop app/ APK file offered by some websites to download for free.
Infrexa values its, users, and keeps their online privacy and safety foremost. Therefore, we do not recommend our users download any APK file from any unauthorized websites that may compromise their safety.
However, if you wish to decide to download the app for any urgent reason, you may consider visiting this page.
With the help of the Google My Business App, you were able to easily post updates about your products and services, respond quickly to customer inquiries, get real-time insights into how your business was performing, and much more.
We hope this article has helped you understand how to download the transitioned version of the Google My Business App in 2023 and start utilizing its features for success.
Recommended for you: