Riot Games is an American video game developer and publisher in West Los Angeles, California. The company was founded in 2006 by two developers who had previously worked at Blizzard Entertainment.
RiotGames develops and publishes League of Legends, a multiplayer online battle arena video game.
The company also operates several esports leagues, including the North American League of Legends Championship Series (NA LCS) and the European League of Legends Championship Series (EU LCS).
|Founders||Brandon Beck, Marc Merrill|
|Divisions||Riot Forge, Riot Tabletop|
- Riot Games was founded in September by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill, both University of Southern California graduates with prior experience at Blizzard Entertainment.
- Riot Games releases their first game, “League of Legends,” in October.
- Riot Games initiated the Riot Direct program to collaborate with third-party developers for game releases on its platform.
- Riot Games announces its intention to independently develop and publish games.
- Estimated around 8 million active daily players and 115 million monthly players worldwide for “League of Legends.”
- Riot Games has also published other games including “Teamfight Tactics” and “Legends of Runeterra.” The company is working on several unannounced projects.
Related: Ready or Not Game (2022)
The Games Developed by RiotGames
Today, RiotGames is one of the most successful game developers in the world. They are best known for their hit game League of Legends, which has over 117 million monthly active players.
In addition to League of Legends, Riot Games has also published other popular games such as –
- Teamfight Tactics
- Legends of Runeterra, and
- Wild Rift
- Riot Games winning numerous awards: This is correct. Riot Games and League of Legends have received numerous awards over the years, including multiple Game of the Year awards.
- Forbes ranking Riot Games in 2019: In 2019, Forbes did indeed rank Riot Games #39 on their list of America’s Best Midsize Employers.
- Fast Company’s recognition in 2020: In 2020, Fast Company named Riot Games as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies.
The Popularity of Riot Games
Riot Games is one of the most popular game developers in the world. The company is best known for its popular multiplayer online battle arena game, League of Legends.
According to RiotGames, there are over 117 million active players of League of Legends around the world. The company has also developed other successful games such as Valorant and Teamfight Tactics.
RiotGames has been praised for its innovative gameplay mechanics, cutting-edge graphics, and engaging storylines.
The company has won numerous awards for its games, including multiple Game of the Year accolades. In 2015, Fortune magazine named RiotGames one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”.
Riot Games continues to be one of the most popular gaming companies in the world. The company’s success is due to its commitment to creating innovative and exciting games that appeal to a wide range of gamers.
Related: Papa’s Burgeria Game
Q: 1 What is Riot Games?
Ans: Riot Games is an American video game developer and publisher best known for developing the multiplayer online battle arena game League of Legends.
Q: 2 Who owns Riot Games?
Ans: Tencent Holdings, a Chinese multinational conglomerate, acquired a 100% stake in RiotGames in December 2015.
Q: 3 Where is Riot Games headquartered?
Ans: Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
Q: 4 What games does Riot Games develop and publish?
Ans: League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Valorant.
Q: 5 When was Riot Games founded?
Ans: September, 2006
Q.6 How much are riot games worth?
Ans: As of October 2023, the company is currently valued at $1.68 billion.
Recommended for you: