A blog is a type of website that is used by people as a digital diary and on this, people share their experiences, thoughts, and information with people through text, images, videos, etc. It was initially called a Weblog.
When the blog was not found, people were noting down their opinions on the piece of paper and were storing it in their homes or in the almirah but the major disadvantage of this method was that the people were only able to access this diary when they were at home.
The blog is a digital way to maintain your diary on the server and access it from anywhere, any location, and from any device.
What a blog means
As earlier mentioned, a blog means an online diary.
Through it, you can reach your points with the whole world, like if we put a post on Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, that post remains limited to a few people, but a post written on the blog or website reaches every person who searches about it on Google.
An American student named Justin Hall created the world’s first blog link in 1994 on the internet on which he used to write things connected to his personal life, using it as a diary.
The year 1997: The word “weblog” was first used by Jorn Barger editor of the blog Robot Wisdom.
The year 1998: Bruce Ableton a computer programmer and website developer, created an open Diary. The user could write a diary, to which the first comment system was also added along with the privacy setting.
The year 1999: Peter Merholz shortened the weblog to blogging and this is where the word it started. In the same year, Pyra Lab generated the first blog platform, blogger, where people could write without coding.
The year 2003: Google bought Blogger and Adsense together. Exactly this year Matt Mullenweg launched WordPress.
The year 2007: Tumblr was launched which gave birth to the concept of microblogging. For now, people could share not only text but also images, videos, GIFs, etc. Even people could possibly post through SMS and email. It was the world’s fastest-growing social platform, which Yahoo Note bought in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
From 2007 to the present: Now the scope of blogging has increased, it is almost every business social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and Instagram can be recharged to more and more customers by connecting to the blog.
What is it?
Blogging is the process of writing something online. This writing work can be submitted in form of the posts or articles.
If you have a website you can put frequent posts on it.
Earlier, content writers needed to have HTML/CSS coding skills for blogging but now the process has been simplified to a great extent and a writer does not need to be an expert in coding.
1. Event blogging?
It can be regarded as “micro-niche blogging” where you create content for a particular event such as Diwali, New Year, Independence Day, Black Friday, Holi, or Republic day.
Benefits: In this, a blogger writes only on occasion, he does not need to write regularly. However, due to high dynamics and conversion rates, a blogger/writer can earn good money by doing event blogging.
You can also double your earnings by putting affiliate links in your posts/content. To learn more about affiliate marketing please read this article – What is Affiliate Marketing? How to double my earnings on affiliate marketing?
2. Permanent blogging?
It can be treated as a profession in this a person starts blogging as his profession. In this, the person may or may not do any other profession other than content writing. He gives his full time to content writing.
- It can generate passive income in your life
- No need to work under the pressure of a boss
- You can build your identity on the internet
- You can do blogging from your home, no need to spend money on office space
- A person can manage his work from anywhere even during a trip or travel
- Permanent writing improves your writing skills
- It increases your social reachability and interaction with new people
- It is a great way of learning, it will always boost your knowledge of various topics
- If you work with dedication, it will increase your technical knowledge too
- Gives double the amount of earnings if used with affiliate marketing
- It takes a lot of hard work.
- Content and articles have to be put more
- It takes a lot to wait to generate good income
How to start blogging?
You do not require to do much to start it. You just need to know how you can bring your blog to the world in the best way.
I will tell you further in that way. Through this, you can rank in Google And can bring your content to more people.
There are three main things –
- Writing skills
What is a domain?
A domain is the address of your blogs/websites like – infrexa.com, wplions.com, and infrexindia.com
Domains are available for free and also for money. It depends on your requirement which one you need.
If you want to make your identity online or on social media, you must have a domain name of your own. You can also join our blog by creating a free account on Infrexa.
What is hosting?
Hosting is the platform where your details are stored for instance – when you write any content on your blog the same is stored in the hosting server.
Hosting is also available for free and also for funds
Initially, you can use, the free domain and hosting services of Google Blogger here.
Either, if you have already purchased a domain from anywhere you can still use the free hosting offered by Google just by transferring your domain to the Google server. But remember that free hosting always has certain limitations which can demotivate you later.
How to get it started for free?
There are many platforms available across the internet for free blogging. But we prefer our readers to use Blogger.com Which is very easy and convenient. On this platform, you can simply start blogging from mobile and also earn money.
Many bloggers are earning thousands of dollars from blogger.com
Creating a new blog that qualifies the webmaster and the quality guidelines of Google AdSense is difficult.
It has been seen that many people create bog and work hard but they do not get their content monetized by Google Adsense due to policy violations of Google webmasters.
Therefore, we suggest you please do some careful research about it before selecting content and design for your website.
However, if you find any difficulty in the setup up your new blog please utilize the most trustworthy and affordable services offered by WP Lions.
Best free blogging platform to earn money
You can create a blog for free by visiting Blogger.com. This platform is the most famous all over the world. Here a website can be created with a subdomain very easily.
You can also add custom domains to it if you want. It can be started working in just a few minutes.
When your work starts being liked by people, then you can earn money by applying a Google Adsense code.
You can also create a blog for free with WordPress.com. Here, you can simply create a blog similar to Blogger.com
It is noteworthy to mention that, when you use the free version of WordPress you cannot earn money from Google Adsense. Because of the said limitation, this platform is used a little less than Blogger.com
This platform is also very popular. tumblr.com is known by many people these days. Here you can do writing for free and can present your blog/website to the world in a good way.
You can also start blogging for free on Weebly.com in a very easy way. You get the service of drag and drop, With which you can make your website a beautiful design.
Like blogger.com, wordpress.com, and tumblr.com, Medium.com can also be used for free blogging. Here you get a chance to reach more people without spending money on hosting and domain
Above are the best free blogging platforms to earn money. To create money you have to make your account on any of them and start writing today.
How to create a blog?
To create a blog you first require to buy a domain and hosting.
If you find any difficulty in creating it, you can contact WP Lions here. WP Lions is one of the best WordPress web design companies that offer web designing services at very nominal prices.
If you are planning to start your blog on WordPress, I strongly suggest you try their premium services for the best outcome.
Similarly, if you want to start writing completely for free, just pick any site mentioned above and start writing.
How to write a blog?
When your blog contains correct and accurate information the people like it more. It should be designed to look beautiful and attract people.
People dislike having too much garbage. Kachina means a mixture of many languages and is unclear what you want to convey to your visitors.
Therefore, to write a good blog, you have to take care of some things. Some important things are given below that will certainly help you to write good content –
How to write an SEO Friendly post
Writing is necessary but creating an SEO-friendly post on your blog is important.
some additional information is given below –
- You can write your blog in any language. But one thing always needs to be kept in mind that the article you write should be in only one language. In other words, select only one Google AdSense-supported language, this practice will help you to rank in Google.
- Maintaining consistency is very important, write and publish at least one post every day. If you can’t post daily, post after a certain interval between 3 to 4 days. It means you remain active on the platform.
- Posts should closely relate to the blog category i.e – if your category is technology, then you do not write about the husbandry on it. Write about technology only.
- If you want to get your blog ranked in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. then you have to optimize it and its content for search engines. Facing difficulty?
- Along with article posts, you must also use rich photos and videos in your blog. Photos and videos will make your it look beautiful. This will increase your ranking on Google and will also attract visitors to read and maximize the traffic.
- Keyword research is also very important to earn money by getting your content ranked in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
How to earn money from a blog
1. Adsense – earn money by placing ads
Once your blog reaches a good height or at least 100 unique visitors daily you can start earning money by placing Adsense ad codes on it.
To monetize your blog content you have to apply for the Google Publisher program here. However, if you are a large publisher (Monthly traffic 5 Million+) then you can apply for a Google Ad Manager which is also known as Adsense Premium.
As soon, as Google approves your account and you generate sufficient traffic on your blog you can earn good money from your blog.
If you are not getting Adsense approval even after multiple attempts, get your blog/site reviewed by our expert free of cost here.
2. Earn money through affiliate marketing
If you do affiliate marketing smartly you can earn more than a thousand dollars in a day. Since we have already covered this topic earlier, you are requested to please refer to this article for more details – What is Affiliate marketing? How to earn from it?
3. Sell products by doing your own digital marketing
You can sell the product by doing your own digital marketing. For example, E-books, digital products & services can be made and sold out. This is a very easy and good way to promote the products.
You can also collaborate with other service/product producers and promote their products on your blog. You will earn a fixed or percentage commission on each sale.
Some other information that you should always remember
- Never copy and paste from someone else’s blog. Google will easily understand your intelligence and your content will never rank in Google. If it will not rank there will be no traffic and revenue.
- Before starting blogging, understand your purpose. Ask yourself three questions
- Why are you doing it?
- Do you have enough knowledge, time, and dedication to create at least 100 posts in your blog?
- Will it benefit anyone who comes to read it?
If you get the answer to all the questions then start it.
Friends, as you know: Neither anything easy nor anything difficult in this world. If you have passion, courage, and patience, then one day you will definitely get successful in blogging.