Flappy Bird is a mobile game that was released in 2013 and quickly gained worldwide popularity.
It is simple yet addictive gameplay made it the most downloaded game of the year, and it has become an enduring classic among gaming enthusiasts.
But what makes ‘Flappy Bird’ so special? On this page, we’ll explore everything there is to know about this iconic game; from its humble beginnings to its lasting legacy, you’ll find out what makes ‘Flappy Bird’ so captivating for players around the world.
What is Flappy Bird?
Flappy Bird is a mobile game that was released in 2013. The objective of the game is to direct a flying bird, who is constantly flapping its wings, through a set of Mario-style pipes without hitting them.
The pipes are arranged in such a way that the gaps between them become progressively narrower as the player progresses.
|Publish||May 24, 2013|
|Platforms||Android, iOS, Web browsers|
The game quickly gained popularity due to its simple yet addictive gameplay and became the most downloaded free game on Apple’s App Store in January 2022.
Despite its massive success, the game was pulled from both App Stores in February 2014 by its creator, Dong Nguyen.
How to play Flappy Bird
If you haven’t played Flappy Bird yet, you’re missing out on one of the most addictive games of the year!
The premise is simple: you control a little bird as it flies through an obstacle course of pipes. Each time you tap the screen, the bird flaps its wings and rises a little bit. The goal is to get as far as you can without hitting a pipe
Sounds easy, right? Wrong. This game is incredibly difficult, and even the slightest misstep will result in your bird crashing into a pipe and plummeting to its death.
As you advance further and further, the space between pipes gets smaller and smaller, making it harder and harder to navigate.
Despite (or maybe because of) its difficulty, Flappy Bird is insanely addictive. Once you start playing, it’s hard to stop.
So if you’re looking for a challenging game to while away some time, give Flappy Bird a try. Just be warned: it’s not for the faint of heart!
Flappy Bird’s history
The Flappy Bird mobile game was created by Dong Nguyen, a Vietnamese game developer. The game was released in 2013 and became an instant hit, with people all over the world playing it obsessively.
However, just as quickly as it had become popular, Nguyen pulled the game from app stores in February 2014.
Though he never gave a clear reason for why he did this, many believe it was because of the immense pressure he was facing due to the game’s popularity.
In the months after its removal, Flappy Bird clones and knockoffs began popping up all over the internet, further solidifying the game’s place in pop culture history.
Tips and tricks to getting a high score
If you’re anything like the millions of people who are currently obsessed with Flappy Bird, then you’re probably looking for ways to up your score. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get a high score in Flappy Bird:
- Use one finger only to tap the screen. This will help you be more accurate with your taps and avoid over-tapping which can cause you to lose control of the bird.
- Time your taps so that the bird starts flapping its wings just before it reaches an obstacle. This will give you a little boost of speed and help you clear the obstacle more easily.
- Practice makes perfect! The more you play, the better you’ll get at timing your taps and avoiding obstacles. So keep at it and don’t get frustrated – those high scores will be yours in no time!
Flappy Bird Variations
When Flappy Bird was taken down from the App Store, many players were left wondering what would come next. While there are now many clones and variations of the original game, here are some of the most popular:
- Flappy Wings: This version of the game was created by a fan of the original who wanted to keep the spirit of Flappy Bird alive. In this game, you control a bird as it flies through a series of pipes.
- FlappyDoge: In this take on Flappy Bird, you control a Dogecoin instead of a bird. The gameplay is identical to the original game, but with Doge-themed graphics and sound effects.
- FlapMMO: This massively multiplayer online game allows players to compete against each other in real-time. The goal is to see who can flap their way through the most pipes without crashing.
- Flappy Royale: This battle royale-style game pits 100 players against each other in a race to see who can make it through the most pipes without crashing. The last player standing wins!
Flappy Bird unblocked
Flappy Bird unblocked is an online game that can be played on any computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
The object of the game is to guide a flying bird through a series of pipes without hitting them, while collecting coins along the way. The game is simple and easy to pick up, but becomes increasingly challenging as the player progresses.
The game was created by Vietnamese developer Dong Nguyen and released in May 2013. It became an overnight sensation, reaching the top of the App Store charts in both iOS and Android versions.
The popularity of the game led to it being downloaded over 50 million times before it was suddenly pulled from all app stores by its creator in February 2014.
Despite its brief existence, Flappy Bird left a lasting impression on the mobile gaming landscape. It spawned countless clones and imitators, as well as introducing a new generation of gamers to the joys of frustration-based gameplay.
If you’re looking for a quick fix of flapping fun, there are plenty of options out there to choose from – just make sure you don’t get too addicted!
Note: Exit AMP mode to play the game on Mobile
The controls in Flappy Bird are very simple. You just need to tap the screen to make the bird fly.
The longer you hold down, the higher the bird will fly. There are no other buttons or joysticks to control.
You can play Flappy Bird on your phone or tablet. The game is available for free on both iOS and Android devices.