Phd full form: What is the full form of Ph.D. ? or what is the full name of Ph.D.? If you are looking for the answer to these questions then you have arrived at the right page. In this article, we will provide you the detailed information about it.
Ph.D. full form
The full form of a Ph.D. sounds a bit strange because it is different from the normal full forms. The full form of a Ph.D. is – Doctor of Philosophy.
Ph.D. is a doctoral degree. It is also called a doctorate of philosophy. It is a higher academic degree awarded by universities.
Ph.D. Full-Form – “Doctor of Philosophy”.
After completing Ph.D. a person starts writing “Dr.” before his name which shows the importance and dignity of this degree. After getting this degree, a person becomes an expert in the subject in which he has done the Ph.D.
Is there any other name for Ph.D.?
Yes! The other name or full form of Ph.D. is – “Doctorate of Philosophy”. In the modern era, people often use the term – Doctorate of Philosophy for the Ph.D. scholars.
What are the benefits of doing Ph.D.?
- After doing PhD, you can put (Dr) before your name.
- When you complete PhD, you can do research or analysis.
- After doing PhD, you can apply for any position in the job.
- We also call the person doing PhD the creation of information.
- After doing PhD, you will be called an expert in your field.
- A PhD is a higher or highest degree.
- After completing PhD, you can become a professor in any college.
Educational qualification for PHD
- You have completed your graduation.
- Must have completed a Master’s degree.
- Must have passed UGC NET test.
To get admission to the PhD, you should get 55% or 60% marks in the entrance exam. All these % may be different in some colleges.
You can do PhD from the subject of your choice. The subject in which you are more interested or which you enjoy reading, like –
- Home Science
- Fine Art
Best Colleges for PHD
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University New Delhi
- Christ University Bangalore
- University of Calcutta
- Amity University Noida