Sims 4 cheats – The Sims 4 is full of cheats, and if you want to get the most out of them before The Sims 5 arrives, you’ll need to know all of the base game’s major cheat codes.
While it’s true that cheats never get rich (achievements/trophies are disabled if you use cheats in the game), it’s fun to bend the rules from time to time and you can do this in The Sims 4, Which is totally thanks to the cheaters.
There are tons of cheats you can use for The Sims 4 and you can waste a lot of time trying each of them. But what are cheats and how do you use them on each console?
About Sims 4
The Sims 4 is a strategic social simulation video game similar to the previous titles in the series.
There is no primary objective or goal to be achieved, instead completing objectives the player is encouraged to make choices and engage fully in the interactive environment.
The focus of the game is on the simulated lives of virtual people called “The Sims”, with the player taking control of their lives and discovering different personalities that change the way the game is played, with the player directly responsible for performing their tasks.
|Platform||Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|Release||2 September 2014|
|Official Website||The sims 4 – ea.com/game|
A “simoleon” (§) is a unit of currency used in a game. Players can play with previous Sims and families or generate their own in Create-a-Sim.
Sims mainly make money by finding jobs or by painting and selling garden produce and other crafted items.
Sims need to develop skills for crafting jobs and things, for example, the Culinary Career Track requires Sims to master cooking skills.
Players can place their Sims in prefabricated houses or build and render houses in build mode, then upload them to an online exchange called Gallery.
Optional add-ons and expansion packs expand the number of features, tools, and items available to play.
How to enable sims 4 cheats
To use The Sims 4 cheat codes, you must first enable cheats in the game itself.
Be careful, though: Enabling cheats will mean that achievements or trophies are disabled in this particular save.
On PC, press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat menu, go there and enter Testing Cheats True and cheats will be enabled after this particular action.
On Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or Xbox Series S, you can access the cheat menu by pressing LT+RT+LB+RB for a few seconds.
This will bring up the cheats menu, in which you have to type Testing Cheats True to enable Cheats in this save.
On PS4 and PS5 you’ll need to press and hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 to launch the cheat menu. When it appears, type Testing Cheats True and Cheats will be out-of-this-world enabled.
How to use sims 4 cheat codes
Enabling cheats is one thing, but actually using Sims 4 cheats is a bad state of affairs. The main way you would actually use cheat codes is:
- Open the game and load the world
- Bring up the cheat menu (by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C on PC, or by pressing all shoulder buttons on console).
- If you haven’t already done so, enter test cheats true and click Done
- Type the relevant cheat code in the small text box in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Click Done and the cheat will take effect
The only exception to this system is interaction cheats, which activate slightly differently.
You still need to actively test Cheats True in the world, but then you need to follow the steps below (depending on your platform of choice).
To use The Sims 4 Interaction Cheats on PS4 or PS5 with Testing Cheats already activated, mound the cursor over the Sim or object, hold the circle, and then press X to instruct the reciprocity Cheats menu.
On Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or Xbox Series S, once Testing Cheats is on True, hold down B and then press A to invoke the interaction menu.
Or on PC, after activating Testing Cheats True, hold shift and then click on SIM/Item – this will bring up the interaction cheats menu, and you can choose from the various cheats it will list for you.
As we discussed earlier, all other cheats in the game can only be typed into the cheat console. Read on for a full list of what you can do.
The Complete List of Sims 4 Cheat Codes for PC, Xbox and PlayStation
While each new expansion comes with its own cheat codes, in this article we are going to focus primarily on the main cheats in The Sims 4 base game.
Read this also – Roblox My Hero Mania Codes for this month
Whether you want more money or skills, or just want to potty train your virtual baby, these cheats in The Sims 4 will help you live your best life.
Sims 4 interaction cheats
- Cheat Need > Make Happy – meet all of your Sim’s inspirations and set their mood to Happy
- Cheat Need > Enable Need Decay or Disable Need Decay – either allows or prevents your Sims from needing changes
- Reset Object – Reset the position of the Sims or object.
- Add to Family – Don’t have a SIM in your family? Use this cheat to change it.
- Modify to CAS – This allows you to convert SIM to Create-a-SIM
- Make dirty or clean – make the object clean or dirty
- Teleport SIM – This allows you to change your SIM according to your location
- Make a head – anything will make your sim a new head
Sims 4 money cheats
- Kuching – Get 1000 Simoleons
- Rosebud – Get 1000 Simoleons
- Motherload – Get 50000 Simoleons
- Money – Type any number after the word money to get that exact error
- FreeRealEstate on or off – all lots in this area is free
- house.autopay_bills True or False – Enables or disables monthly bill payments
Sims 4 build mode cheats
- modebb.moveobjects – allows you to move objects anywhere
- bb.showhiddenobjects – discloses hidden objects and permits you to buy them
- bb.enablefreebuild – allows you to create wherever you want
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – allows you to get things that are usually locked in some careers
Sims 4 live mode cheats
- ResetSIM [First Name Last Name] – This will reset the stuck SIM, as long as you spell the name correctly
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone – meets the current ambitious goal of the sim
- sims.give_satisfaction_points [#] – Type whatever number you want, your sim will get as many satisfaction points
- Philmotive motive_bladder or energy or fun or hunger or cleanliness or social – fulfills the specified purpose
- sims.fill_all_commodities – caters to every inspiration in the home
Sims 4 skill cheats
To maximize your Sim’s skill level on any of the major skills in the game, these are the tricky hints you may want to use –
- stats.set_skill_level major_argument
- stats.set_skill_level Major_HomeStyleCooking
- stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmandCooking
- stats.set_skill_level Head_Bartending
- stats.set_skill_level Key_Charisma
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy
- stats.set_skill_level Major Fishing
- stats.set_skill_level skills_fitness
- stats.set_skill_level major_gardening
- stats.set_skill_level major_guitar
- stats.set_skill_level major_piano
- stats.set_skill_level major_violin
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Handiness
- stats.set_skill_level key prank
- stats.set_skill_level major_painting
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Photography
- stats.set_skill_level major_programming
- stats.set_skill_level Major_RocketScience
- stats.set_skill_level major_videogaming
- stats.set_skill_level major_writing
Or for kid Sims, upgrade your skills to the max using:
- stats.set_skill_level skills_child_creativity
- stats.set_skill_level skills_child_social
- stats.set_skill_level skills_child_mental
- stats.set_skill_level skills_child_motor 10
- stats.set_skill_level_child_communication 5
- stats.set_skill_level_child_movement 5
- stats.set_skill_level_child_thinking 5
- stats.set_skill_level_child_potty 3
There are four main Sims 4 career cheats you’ll want to know about:
- careers.promote – Your sim gets a promotion
- careers.add_career – allow your Sim a new position in your chosen
- careers.remove_career – Removes the career of your choice from your SIM
- careers.retir – Your Sims retire from your chosen career and will receive a weekly pension in return
To use any of those Sims 4 career cheats, type the words in bold above, followed by the official designation of the career of your choice.
Below is a list of careers and the cheat code words they refer to, some of which require you to type in bold:
- Politician – campaigner (requires The Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Acting – Actor (The Sims 4 Needs Famous Expansion)
- Astronaut – Astronaut
- Athlete – Athletic
- Business – Business
- Criminal – Criminal
- Reviewer – Career_Adult_Reviewer (Requires Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Cooking – Cooking
- Detective – Detective (The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion is needed)
- Doctor – Doctor (The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion needs to be done)
- Entertainer: Entertainer
- Painter – Painter
- Scientist – The Scientist (The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion is required)
- Secret Agent – Secret Agent
- Social Media – Social Media (requires an expansion for The Sims 4 City Living)
- Style Influencer – Influencer
- Tech Guru – TechGuru
- Author – Author
For example, you will enter a career. Promote Actor to Sim who is pursuing an acting career.
Also note that teen Sims have somewhat different career options than adults, with the corresponding cheat codes listed in bold below:
- babysitter – teen_baby
- barista – teen_barista
- Fast Food Employees – teen_fastfood
- Scout – Scout (requires The Sims 4 Season Expansion)
- manual worker – teen_manual
- Retail Employees – Teen_Retail
Romance Cheating & Friendship Cheating
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others – Your SIM is immediately offered to all their neighbors
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim – a friend will automatically generate for your sim
- Modified Relationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Friendship_Main – Your Sim and Target Sim have maximum friendship immediately
- Modified Relationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Romance_Main – Your sim and target sim now have max romance
Along with those last two, you can also set a lower number (where it’s currently 100) if you want to lower your Sim’s friendship level or romance with another Sim.
Murder Cheats & Non Murder Cheats
- Death.Toggle True – Kill Your Sim
- death.toggle false – unlock your sim
- sims.add_buff Ghost – Your Sim is a Ghost for four in-game hours
- stats.set_stat Commodity_Vampire_SunExposure -100 – kills a Vampire Sim (requires Sims 4 Vampire expansion)
- Headline Effects On or Off – Controls headline effects such as speech bubbles
- Hovereffects on or off – controls the hover effect when the SIM hovers over
- Fullscreen toggle – will play full screen or windowed game on PC
- FPS on or off – Show or hide the current frame per second on the screen