Are you willing to change your name legally but are unable to do so because of the lack of the right information? Don’t worry you have arrived at the right page here.
Changing your name legally in Madhya Pradesh is very easy with the procedure explained.
In order to avoid inconveniences, Please make sure that you are following the right steps prescribed under the procedure.
In this article we are going to explain the complete procedure of changing your name legally like – filling out an application form, newspaper publication, and list of required documents, getting your name change request approved and published in the Gazette of the State, and after changing your name what potential problems you are likely to face, etc.
Changing your name legally through Gazette notification requires various steps to be followed. The procedure is similar almost in every part of India with few minor changes depending on the State guidelines.
Service is available for – Name change, Surname change, firms’ partnership deed change, change in address/place, etc.
|Service Name||Name change service|
|State||Madhya Pradesh and others|
|Office Address||See Map|
|Application format pdf||Download here|
|Gazette download||Download Available|
Why change the name officially?
There are numerous reasons and requirements because of which you need to change your name legally, for example –
- You are willing to change your name for any personal or societal reasons like – “Sanskritization” or so on
- Change of your name after marriage
- You have adopted a child and want to change his/her surname
- Change of name due to astrological factors
- Change of name for personal gratitude, wish, or fancy
- Your name has a spelling mistake or missing any part (initial, middle, last, or surname)
- You want to change your surname
- Your name is not matching to more than 1-2 documents
- Your name is different on the birth certificate
- For any other reason
Stages involved in the name change process
The name change process will complete in 6 stages –
- Document collection
- Preparation of documents
- Publication in the local newspaper
- Submission of documents in Govt. Press/Gazette office
- Publication of your name in the Official Gazette (done by officers)
- Downloading the Gazette from the official website of the concerned State Government press
List of Documents required
- Newspaper publication cutting
- Affidavit (Rs. 50 Non-Judicial stamp)
- Application form
- 2 Passport Size photos
- Photocopy of any one document like – an Aadhar card, passport, voter ID card, PAN card, driving license
- 1 Envelop
- DD or Bank challan (Rs. 400)
- Step1: Firstly, collect all the requisite documents as prescribed above
- Step 2: Go to any local newspaper / print media office and get your name change ‘general notice published in the newspaper
- Step 3: Get an affidavit drafted and notarized in your name
- Step 4: Fill out the application form (Standard format accepted only) carefully and attach all the supporting documents with it e.g – Paper cutting, Affidavit and supporting documents, etc.
- Step 5: Send/submit your documents to the Government Press office
- Step 6: This is the final step, if the above steps have been followed properly, there is a great chance of getting your name changed within a few days
How much time does it take to change the name?
The entire process involves more than 5 stages. If you have submitted your application form correctly and have attached all the required documents properly then soon your request is likely to be approved by the authorities.
The standard time to complete your request is 3 to 15 working days. The publication may also depend on the availability of slots and the print frequency of the press.
- Don’t overwrite any document
- Paste attested photos only with your application form
- Confirm that you have attached the right amount of DD or challan with it
- Before sending the documents, make sure you have the right address for the Government Press.
Madhya Pradesh Government Press address on Google MAP
for Madhya Pradesh Please refer to the below map –
How can we help you?
Though, you can submit your application form by yourself. However, it is a best practice to always hire an expert. We provide the name change service with a 50% discount to first-time users. – *FCFS Rule Applicable
For more details or to get your name changed legally, you can contact our verified partner/expert below –
|अधिकृत मर्चेंट||रूद्र एसोसिएट्स|
|पेमेंट लिंक (Verified – ✅)||क्लिक करें|
Note: Any payment made outside the above Payment link will not be covered under our Refund Policy. To get highly assured service delivery you are encouraged to make all payments through our website using the Verified Partner payment links only.
What to do after you got your name changed through the official Gazette?
Once, the publication in Gazette is completed, you can download this document from the official website of Controller, Government Press Madhya Pradesh Bhopal. The process is almost similar to any other state in India.
After your name is changed through this process, you are required to get your name updated in all or specific documents according to the name exactly published in the Gazette.
For this, you need to submit update/correction requests in specific/various documents – To update your name in PAN according to the Gazette you have to submit a request on NSDL Portal, For Aadhaar – UIDAI and similarly for change in voter id you will have to submit a request on NVSP Portal.
Read these also: