Child psychology is a branch of psychology. Under which the behavior of children and their inner minds are observed. Child psychology is also known as “Developmental Psychology” in the modern era.
On the basis of its importance in education, present education has been given the form of child-centered education.
Child psychology is considered one of the new innovations in the field of education, which constantly tries to meet the real needs of the students.
It is called a branch of psychology because it includes psychological principles, standards and ideas. So let us know what is child psychology in detail.
What is Child Psychology
Child psychology is a concept aimed at the all-round development of the child. The purpose of its construction is to develop the mental, physical, social, and cultural life of the children.
It works by taking the mental development of the students as the focal point.
Its focal point is the child and under this, all aspects related to the behavior of children and their personalities are studied.
It serves to expose all the psychological facts related to the benefit of children.
Recommended: Psychology: Meaning, definition and its importance
In child psychology, each stage of the students (pregnancy, infancy, childhood, adolescence) is studied closely. So that proper direction can be provided for their development.
Definition of child psychology
According to Crow and Crow – It is a psychological study, in which the study of children from pregnancy to adolescence is done.
Recommended: मनोविज्ञान (साइकोलॉजी) क्या है? इसकी उत्पत्ति कैसे हुई?
According to Thomson – It serves to provide a new direction to everyone and works to give it a proper form. So that the direction of development can be given proper shape.
- Its focal point is child.
- Under this, the behavior of children is studied on the basis of psychological methods.
- It serves to provide proper direction for the development of the students.
- Child psychology is a branch of psychology. Which is developed and used more in modern times.
- Under this, knowing the changes taking place in the behavior of children, various schemes are made to give them the right direction.
Principles of Child Psychology
1. Psychoanalytic Theory – This theory has been propounded by psychologist Sigmund Freud. According to them, a person works to increase his abilities according to his needs. This theory is a well-known psychological theory of modern times.
2. Behaviorist Theory – This theory was propounded by psychologists John Dollar and P.J. Neer. According to this theory, the mood of the children can be easily understood on the basis of their behavior of the children. That is, their need and the conflict going on in their mind and brains can be easily recognized.
3. Cognitive theory – This theory was propounded by the psychologist Gestalt. According to this theory, based on the changes taking place in the intelligence and knowledge of the children, their behavior also keeps on changing.
Uses of child psychology in education
To achieve the real objectives of modern education and to make education effective, it has become very necessary to include child psychology in education.
It plays an active role in the selection of curriculum, schedule, school schedules, co-curricular material, etc.
This is also the reason for the changes taking place in modern education.
The reason for making education child-centric is to provide education to the students according to their interests.
So that they can develop their intellectual development according to their capacity.
All these developments related to children can become possible only after the study of the ‘child psychological methods’.
Benefits of child psychology
It serves to provide proper direction to the undesirable changes happening in the behavior of the students.
So that the process of development happening in them can be accelerated.
It plays an important role in the development and character-building of the nation.
The work of creating social needs and real goals of education and providing proper direction and speed to the mental and intellectual development of the students is done under it.
According to the modern changing social perspective, there is a continuous change in the behavior and mood of the students.
Rather, it has become necessary to adopt child psychology and implement it in education to show them the right direction and accelerate the pace of their development. So that their personality can be made impressive.
Dear readers, today you know what is child psychology. its meaning, definition, principles etc.
If you found this post useful and have enjoyed reading it, please do share it with your family and friends.